Thanks to the reclined position and the straight load side of the chain, this is a fairly speedy bike, and I have won a few races on it.
I am 172 cm with long legs, and it fits me perfectly as it is set up.
The bottom bracket boom is adjustable by telescoping into the frame, and I would say this bike should be adjustable for riders from around 165 cm to about 185 cm tall.
Adjusting the leg length may require adding or taking out some chain links.
- M5 powder-coated steel frame, with lots of tap holes to attach things like luggage carrier or fairings if required.
- Glass fibre seat (repaired several years ago with epoxy / glass fibre, no problems since) – seat cushion as above.
- Moulton APB suspension fork
- 53-39-24 chainrings giving very wide gear range
- 7-speed cassette
- Front and rear derailleurs Sachs ARIS Rival 7000
- Front hub Diabolo (industrial sealed ball bearings), runs very smoothly
- Front rim Alesa 406×19
- Front tyre Tioga Comp Pool slick 45-406
- Rear hub Shimano Deore XT
- Rear rim Weinmann 2313 622×13
- Rear tyre Schwalbe Marathon Spezial 28-622
- Headset Tange Levin CD
- Front brake Magura Classic hydraulic
- Rear cantilever brake
- Double-butted spokes on drive side of rear wheel for extra strength, triple-butted spokes in front wheel.
- Selling without pedals.
- A spare original M5 seat cushion will also come with the bike. The cushion is made from dark grey EVA foam, about 2.5 cm thick and cleanly cut by M5 to match the exact outline of the seat. It has been used, but not very much.
- Pick-up South New Brighton, or
- I can ride the bike to your place if it’s within range of the Christchurch Metro bus system.